Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 19: Happy Earth Day!!!

Happy Earth Day So I spent a majority of my Earth Day taking the ACT.....ohhhh, fun. I was actually really nervous about the test, but I think I did pretty well. My friend is aiming for a 33 on his, so I hope I can do as well as him. Maybe, maybe not. I'm probably not that smart anyways, so I'll most likely get something lower. Oh well.... Anyways, I just noticed how beautiful the sky was today! I mean, it must have been the most beautiful, sunny, cloudy sky I've seen in years. It was truly that amazing. And how coincidental that it was so pretty outside on Earth day?? Seeing the sky just reminded me of how beautiful of earth is. I mean, honestly, just take a minute to close your eyes and think about Earth. Doesn't it amaze you? All those cool landscapes, the vast array of flora, the image of water flowing down a waterfall? Idk, but one thing's for sure; I LOVE OUR EARTH!!! I'm like your typical eco-friendly, recycle everything on the floor, celebrate Arbor Day type of earth lover. I've also developed a crazy obsession with Captain Planet. Remember? The superhero who goes around saving the world from pollution and deforestation and other environmental hazards. "The Power is Yours" GO PLANET!!!! I think that in the new millenium, and especially since it's already 2009, it should be our goal to go more green. Reuse your paper, reduce the amount of tissues/napkins you pull from a restaurant, and recycle anything paper/aluminum/glass. GO GREEN!!!!

0 comments: