Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 26: Spirited Away (BEST MOVIE EVER!!!)

Day 26: Spirited Away (BEST MOVIE EVER!!!) spirited-away.jpg image by FemyBemy Well, to give a background of the movie, the film is directed by Hayao Miyazaki, a Japanese animation director. He is arguably the best Japanese director, having made movies that are the top-grossing non-U.S. movies worldwide. He is my role model. And i don't really have many, so he's pretty special. Anyways, he's made many other animated movies, which I've also seen such as......... Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind My Neighbor Totoro Castle in the Sky Kiki's Delivery Service Princess Mononoke Spirited Away Grave of the Fireflies (although techniqually not directed by him) ALSO.....(I have not seen) Porco Rosso Howl's Moving Castle Tales from the Earthsea Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (2009, not in US yet!!!!) Anyways, his movies are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and there not uber fake like those Disney movies. No happily ever afters that are complete bull, no cleanly wrapped endings, no "believe in yourself" theme that Disney animators love to throw into their movies to garner an Oscar. Nope. Miyazaki is just pure animation and narration; he is simply the best. If anything, watch Spirited Away because it has got to be my FAVORITE movie, my other favorites all being his other movies. They are really really good. And by the way, I've seen Spirited Away at least 20 times, which is not an exaggeration. I've literally seen it everyday in Taiwan at my cousin's house, when the outside temperature at noon was above 105 degrees. So yeah.......I've had a lot of time to watch that movie. And it never gets old. Please please please watch it so you can comment on it!!!!! Favorite Scene: I don't want to give out too much of the story, but there is one scene that particularly fascinates me. In fact, it's my favorite animation sequence ever. You know how Walt Disney said that his favorite scene was the transformation of Cinderella's gown? Well, mine is the train ride across the sea. Here is a clip of the scene; it's not in English, cause all the English versions have crappy quality. Dialogue isn't even important though cause there's hardly any conversation. Just pay attention to the animation...it's beautiful. The scene always made me feel happy cause it reminds me of adventure. A young girl, naive, new to the world around her, goes on a journey alone across a vastless ocean. She leaves behind all that was dear to her; her friends, her family. She is a true explorer. I would want my life to be so much like that. To go on a train across a peaceful, trainquil sea on a journey by myself. Unrestrained by society, by my family, by anything ordinary in my life. Sorry if I sound like a typical teen, but hey, that's just me!! Anyways, I hope you LOVE the scene as much as I do. ----------------Here are just some still photos from the scene. I won't give out too much cause you'll just have to see it yourself!!!!!-------- vlcsnap-84064 by you. vlcsnap-84611 by you.

vlcsnap-85070 by you. vlcsnap-85330 by you. vlcsnap-85722 by you. vlcsnap-88593 by you. vlcsnap-88997 by you. vlcsnap-89105 by you. vlcsnap-91622 by you. vlcsnap-89842 by you. Aren't they just BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm serious, just stare at ONE, any one of them for a while and let your mind drift. I want to ride a train that crosses the ocean so BAD!!!! Wouldn't that be cool???

0 comments: