Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 22: Unemployed Mom and Dad

Dad 22: Unemployed Mom and Dad So I’m feeling really frustrated right now. And not cause someone’s wronged me. It’s that my parents are fucking up their OWN lives.

It’s kind of like the feeling you get when you see your best friend taking cocaine. Or your friend slacking off in school and getting F’s in his classes. No, they aren’t at all screwing up your life; your life is fine. It’s that their screwing up themselves, and that really pisses you off.

My parents, as I mentioned, are fucking up their lives.

So here’s the background. My parents are unemployed. My dad has been unemployed for a year now, and my mom’s been unemployed for about 6 months. They’ve tried to get new jobs; epic fail. So now they just sit at home and do nothing. Like literally, they do absolutely jack shit. Both my parents basically sit on their computers for at least 4 hours and then watch TV for another 4 hours. Whatever’s on; TNT movies, American Idol, Wheel of Fortune. That’s all my parents do.

And it really saddens me because they don’t even seem happy doing this. It’s like they’re just trying to kill time. That’s definitely it; they’re just killing time in their premature retirement. And it drives me INSANE!!!

I don’t like seeing people doing nothing. I don’t like seeing my mom stay at home, watching her little T.V. soap operas full of bad acting and shit just to “pass time by.” It gets to me really badly when people just don’t do anything productive, it’s like a wasted life. I know that sounds harsh, but that’s no way to live life.

And I know this sounds extremely cliché, but there’s SOOOOO MUCH in the world. There is literally an infinite amount of things to explore in the world, from cooking, to fitness, to gardening, to singing, to dancing. Something that my mom could do in her house! Goddamnit, I wish she’d just take one day to plant a fucking sunflower or something. Anything to take her eyes off another rerun of “American Idol Rewind” or something stupid. (And sorry I swear so much, but I’m uber pissed off!)

I think what also makes me unhappy is that I can’t look up to them anymore.

0 comments: