Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 12: Evangelion Quote (show about depressed teens)

Evangelion: "Hideaki Anno, the director of the anime series, suffered from clinical depression prior to creating the series, and the psychological aspects of the show are based on the director's own experiences with overcoming this illness. " -wikipedia.org Yeah, it's a great show. Check it out on youtube or something; it will change your life. I liked it a lot cause it's now your silly Disney Channel "peachy-clean" type of show. And it's not all wrapped up in the end like most 1-hr Fox shows end up. I liked it cause it showed life as it is: sad, lonely, and not always happy. And I know that sounds depressing, but yeah, the director was depressed when he directed this. The show's three teens are also my profile's picture. ---------- What Do You Think of this Quote?---------------- I usually don't do this, but because it's such a great quote from such a great person, I thought it was worth sharing. (I've also repeated it in my previous blog) Anywhere can be paradise As long as you have the will to live After all, you are alive So you will always have the chance to be happy -End of Evangelion

To me, it means that as long as you live, you decide what kind of world you want to live in. You can dwell in sadness at all the pain in the world, or you can better yet dwell in happiness, noting that the world still stays the same. The only thing that's changed is your "paradise", which all begins in the mind. Maybe I'm just stupid or something, but that's what I got out of it.

WHAT ARE YOUR GUYS' OPINIONS? Comment below....

1 comments:

FUCK NO said...

I like the quote, I find it to be true, it has helped me actually. First time I read it.

I see it like life is not worth throwing away if you don't know yet if a greater happiness will come, after all it is up to you to control your life.

I'll be reading your blog ^^