Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 8: I Hate Gym

So, I have gym class and its sucks! Combined with the fact that my friends left second semester cause they moved, and that I don't know anyone in the class, AND the fact that I'm not very athletic, this has got to be my least favorite class. Oh, plus there's all this 'asian rivalry' going on between me and this other guy. In case your wondering, 'asian rivalry' is a term I coined when two asian people (specifically Chinese people) have to battle themselves intellectually out to see who's smarter. Except the fact that I DON'T EVEN CARE about being smart! It's pathetic! But, basically there's this Chinese guy I've known for the past three years in high school who is SOOOOOOO mean to me because he thinks he's smarter. Like in freshman year, he used to tell me everyday in class how much smarter he was. I'm not even joking; he'd literally walk up to me and say he was smarter than me in front of my face, before I even knew him. Imagine if some random guy who you've never met before came up to you and said he was smarter. (a) you'd probably think he is a jackass (b) he probably has the maturity of a ferret (c) you'd probably think he is a really really big jackass. Not to deny the fact that he really is very smart; in fact, I can honestly say he's probably one of the smartest people in the school, having an ACT score of 36, being on the math team, etc. (which he makes known to everyone!) But, yeah, so usually everyday in class he tells me how smart he is. He's one of those "damn intellectuals who hang out with other intellectuals" -Catcher in the Rye. (oh, I love that quote) I'm serious, though, that's also one of the main reasons I hate gym. There's this annoying guy in my class with a body made out of ego who comes in with his head held high in pity over everyone else who he thinks is dumber than him. And the worst part is, I always have a bit of pity for him. Cause no matter how prideful he looks with that disgusting grin on his face, you can't help but wonder what happens to people like him. I mean, seriously, what happens when he ends up going to Princeton and he's surrounded by clones of him, only smarter. I mean, the guy's inferiority complex (aka self-esteem) is just gonna collapse! Or maybe I'm just hoping it does cause I'm bitter....oh well. So, yeah, and about my friends moving, not cool. I used to have a really good friend I could talk to in gym first semester, but now that he's gone, well............that sucks. Cause he really was a good friend. Always stuck by me, didn't crack any racist/gay/sexist jokes that I hate, was nice to me and wasn't one of those people who think keeping a close friend is treating them like crap. Yeah, he was a good, genuine friend, that's now at another school where I will probably never actually see him again......

0 comments: