Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 11: (Part III) I Don't Blame Anyone

I don't blame anyone for trying to kill myself, and I realized that this is the best way to live. And I say this because I know that the majority of people who killed themselves did it out of anger towards another person. I don't want that to be me. Therefore, I don't blame my mom for my unhappiness. Although I do agree what she said was completely destructive, I don't blame her for my choice of attitude. My mother is not to blame for my sorrow; I chose to be sad myself. I chose to look at my lack of relationships, my dwindling friend relationships, my persona, all in a negative light, and ultimately it is my fault for my attitude. And right now as you're reading this, and especially if your going through a "tough time" right now, I know this message won't come off as nice because it's completely self-condemning, but it's true. I know for a fact that this is true; no one is to blame for your unhappiness because you choose your attitude by looking at the things around you. As soon as you realize this, you release the power you think other people have on your life. No longer will you mope about how depressed your mother makes you feel, rather you will see that you had the power all along to be whatever you wanted. -------------- Lesson 1: Choose to Live No matter how much shit life throws at you, it's up to you to be happy. No one else can choose how you're gonna live your life for you; not your bitchy sister or your fucked-up friends. They may cause you sorrow and reason to cry, but you have to be strong and live. Choose to go on living the same as you were before; happy and carefree. The quote below is from one of my favorite shows and was created by a man who went through severe depression while drawing out the episodes. Most of the show has to do with depression and anger, which is why it's one of my favorite shows. He is the quote that reflects the final part of the movie... Anywhere can be paradise As long as you have the will to live After all, you are alive So you will always have the chance to be happy -End of Evangelion

0 comments: