Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 16: My Two Favorite Songs...

Day 16: My Two Favorite Songs.... Well, my two favorite songs (as of right now) are very meaningful to me, cause I listen to them when I'm sad. They kind of sooth me whenever I'm lonely or mad about something in life, or if I'm struggling that day. So here they are.... Julia/Eyes On Me This is actually a piece of music, but it sounds really nice and I like it a lot. It has a romantic side to it that really attracted me to the piece, and I always think of being with a "special someone" whenever I hear this song. Yeah, I'm so pitiful..... Anyways,.......I've provided a link for both tunes. They are identical, except Julia is slower and shorter, while Eyes on Me is slightly longer. Both are extremely good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAQqxUsXWqQ (Julia) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYzifR67NJs (Eyes On Me) Blackbird Blackbird singing in the dead of night Take these broken wings and learn to fly All your life You were only waiting for this moment to arise Black bird singing in the dead of night Take these sunken eyes and learn to see all your life you were only waiting for this moment to be free Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly Into the light of the dark black night. Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly Into the light of the dark black night. Blackbird singing in the dead of night Take these broken wings and learn to fly All your life You were only waiting for this moment to arise,oh You were only waiting for this moment to arise, oh You were only waiting for this moment to arise ---------------------------------------------------------------- I like "Julia" because it means a lot to me since I'm obsessed with Final Fantasy, and the fact that it has a romantic underline to it. It's also very peaceful to listen to. As for "Blackbird", I remember listening to it everyday on the bus to school for about 2 months. I could not get it out of my head even though it's such a simple song. I think it's cause the lyrics were so good that I was able to play it over and over in my head. You know how pop songs kind of "fade' cause once their good tune has been overplayed, it sounds boring? Well, that's cause the lyrics were so-so/bad, so you didn't have something to ponder about. WELL, Blackbird not only has a good melody, but the lyrics are pretty good. I enjoy listening to this a lot. Let me know what you think of the songs!

0 comments: