Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 34: Summer Reading List

Day 34: Summer Reading List
So I recently went to Barnes and Nobles to buy some books with my "birthday money." (Whoo!) Basically, I bought.....
Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
Lord of the Flies (William Golding)
A Separate Peace (John Knowles)
Quamut's "How To Go Green" => These two are
SparkCharts "Environmental Studies" AMAZING btw.
My sister got me....
Walden (Henry David Thoreau)
Civil Disobedience (Henry David Thoreau)
Selected Essays, Lectures, and Poems (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Candide (Voltaire)
The Prince and the Pauper (Mark Twain)
WOW!! Those are a lot of books. I doubt I'll have time to finish them, cause guess what?!?! My other cousins from California are coming over. Ugh.....it's not that I don't like them. It's just that I can't handle having so many people over. Plus that means I have to take care of them again, and this time they're really small children. Kids are nice to be around, they're cute; but not for 2 weeks!
Anyways, I have a Summer Reading List that includes some of those books. I've been slacking and haven't been reading much, lol.
Books from Barnes and Nobles
Oh, and this right here is my "To-Do" List, meaning I HAVE TO do these things. It's kind of like my summer resolution. Notice how the first thing says "Plan Recycling Club" cause I'm president next year (not bragging,....)
(Notice first thing on list. I know my priorities!!)
Ok, this is my final final note. I promise. These guides are worth mentioning cause any environmentalist will appreciate them. It basically gives you basic/intermediate tips to make your life eco-friendly. I'll blog about this a later day!

0 comments: