Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week (All in One Entry)

Dear Journal, So yeah, sorry I didn't update in such a long time, but I've been kind of "off." I've been kind of stressing with the new approach of the school year. I know that I still have 3 weeks until it officially starts, but I still have sooooooooooooooooooo much stuff to prepare. Green club, ACT study, SAT Subject Bio study, Job Applications, blah blah blah..........and oh yeah, the stupid COMMON APPLICATION that my sister and my dad have been pushing me to do all summer. Basically, it's an application online that many colleges use as a standard for any high school seniors who want to enter their college. So far, I haven't really decided which college I want to go to, and I hope ppl stop asking me!! But, yeah, this week I just got done with my job training at Kumon Learning Center. If you've ever heard of Sylvan, it's pretty much the same thing. Here was my schedule this week: Monday "J" Level Math Factorizations Tuesday "L" Level Math Logarithms, Exponents, Integrals, Determinants Wednesday "K" Level Math Graphs, Quadratics, Cubics Thursday "M" Level Math Trigonometry, Lines, etc. Basically, the manager of the store wanted me to come in every day this week (except tomorrow) to train for higher-level math. It was really really really retarded, cause I had to learn this stuff 2 hours a week and it was HARD. Basically, they threw a dictionary-thick book at me full of these stupid math lessons, and after 2 hours was over, I had to take a really dumb 20-30 question test and get at least 95% (1-2 wrong) to go onto the next section. The only redeeming thing about it was that there was a college graduate teaching all of this stuff, who majored in Mathematics. Her name was Jamie and she taught me and two other guys this higher level stuff. It actually made the experience slightly enjoyable because she was a really down-to-earth girl, so it wasn't so overbearing. As for the other two guys, they were really nice too, although unfortunately I'm pretty sure none of them were gay, either. So yeah, just today I took my last test, the "M" test, which btw was frickin hard!! It's basically all the useless math you never learn in school that they teach you. Jamie was really nice though, and she let a few wrong answers slip by cause she understood the whole tobackle I was in, and cause she knew I WASN'T GETTING PAID! So yeah, after I "passed" I was so relieved and then I went home. -------------------------- Meningitis Vaccination So yeah, on Monday I got a Meningitis vaccination, which wasn't too bad. After I got out of training, my mom drove my sister and I to the clinic, where I got a big needle stuck in my right arm. It didn't hurt too much; in fact, I don't think it even hurt at all. It just had an unpleasant twitch. I then took 5 Dum-Dums out of their candy basket even though I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to take one. ----------------------------------------- Fever And then Tuesday, I woke up with a really bad fever. And I was like, "WTF? Why do I have a fever?" But then a second later I'm like, "Duh, it's cause of that vaccine." So Tuesday didn't go too well, cause I had to go to Kumon Training and do stupid Logarithms and Determinant crap with a fever. It was really really stupid. ----------------------------------------- Back-Ache And then Wednesday, I woke up with no fever, but then I had sever back ache! (I know, I sound like an old man.) And I'm honestly not one to always moan about this and that, but my back really really hurt! That day when I went to Walmart and IKEA, I swear every few seconds I had to twist my torso to alleviate some of the pain. It hurt that bad. When I got home, I went straight to bed and slept for 11 hours, and now I'm fine!!! So yeah, today (Thursday) my back felt way better and I finished my level "M" test, so now I'm officially done with Kumon Training. Jamie helped me out a lot too, so she was a huge help. And I think I'm going to the beach this weekend cause it'll be 90 degrees!! WHOOO!!! But, at the same time, I feel kind of bad cause I'm two of my friends were looking to spend time with me on Saturday. I hope everyone else is doing well; I think if there was one word to describe me, it would be a combo of lazy and busy. Is there such a word?!?!?!? -Sincerely, Kaoru16

0 comments: